Wed, 22 Sept|
COST Chemobrionics Ankara Annual meeting 2021
COST Action Chemobrionics Meeting 2021 in Ankara (Turkey) organized by Cem Bayram (Hacettepe University)
Time & Location
22 Sept 2021, 09:00 – 24 Sept 2021, 17:00
Ankara (Turkey), Üniversiteler, Hacettepe Beytepe Kampüsü, 06800 Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey
About The Event
- The meeting will be organised following an Hybrid format (physically and virtual attendance).
- The participants can choose in the registration form, if they attend physically or virtually or they don't know yet.
- The meeting organisers will be following up how the pandemic evolves during the next months and, by summer time, will contact everyone interested in participating asking them to confirm the format attendance (virtual/in-person). Depending on the attendance format selected in each particular case, participants will be suitable for travel costs reimbursement (only for those attending physically) or not (virtual attendance).
Please follow the COST recommendations for those who wish to meet in person:
- To purchase the tickets at a later date in order to confirm that the event will take place with the greatest possible degree of certainty.
- You should be informed that the meeting cancellation due to poor attendance, participants change of mind at the last minute, or because participants institution does not allow for them to travel, will not be considered cause of force majueure. Hence, COST will not cover any travel and/or accommodation expenses incurred.
- All individuals purchase travel cancellation insurance, which is an eligible expense.
Participants who are unable to participate to an Action event due to prohibitions:
- to enter the country of the event (because of a decision of a public authority of the country of affiliation or the country of the event)
- due to an obligation to serve a quarantine period when entering the event country may, where the prohibitions apply 48 hours before the date of travel, cancel their attendance to the event. This is to allow participants to cancel their hotels and minimise costs under Force Majeure for COST. Of course, Force Majeure will also apply where, within those 48 hours before the meeting, such a new prohibition is put in place.
Participants shall provide supporting documents proving the prohibition (for example via a screenshot from a National Foreign Affairs website or other competent ministry in case of restrictions of travel, or a quarantine certificate).
With regard to reimbursements:
- Participants in virtual events will not be eligible for costs reimbursement.
- For ITC Conference Grant, virtual attendance is accepted and the registration fee would be eligible based on receipt or invoice.
- Participants shall follow the instructions from the contracted insurance (as recommended).
- If no insurance was contracted, participants may submit a derogation request as Force Majeure, to the Grant Holder.
- Medical expenses of any type (PCR tests, medical consultations, etc) are not eligible.
- Other cases of derogations apply as per usual procedure. Please check the Vademecum and / or the Derogation procedure for further information.
- The Vademecum is available at www.cost.eu/VADEMECUM and the Derogation procedure at www.cost.eu//derogation_procedure .